See what happens when you know the right day to post something? Does that type of information seem elusive to you? When do I post on Facebook? Does Twitter have a better time for retweeting? The answers are out there, but the target is always changing. So you need a good rule of thumb, right?
I don’t care what anyone says – there is no way to predict what time in the future someone will read someone. If so, please let me invest in some lottery tickets with you. Having said that, predictive analytics are being used to help bring the bulls-eye a little more into focus and attainable.
A great pin on the Ash Brokerage Pinterest page called “What are the best times to post on social media?” provides some insight on posting. The breakdown is:
- Facebook: Thursday and Fridays. We have definitely found if there is something REALLY important we want our followers to know, we post it on Friday around lunch. Start calling it Facebook Friday instead and you’ll remember!
- Twitter: Saturday and Sunday. So you can see where posting something on Friday on Facebook, you really want to wait until the weekend to post it on Twitter then. This means turn off the automatic posting from Facebook to Twitter!
- LinkedIn: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Posting during business hours, especially Tuesdays from 10am to 11am are optimum. If you have business owner clients, be sure you’re posting here for sure!
- Pinterest: Saturdays from 8pm to 11pm. If you’ve not ventured into Pinterest, heavily consider using this platform if you work mostly with women.
- Instagram: Mondays. Putting photos on Instagram during business hours, posts have a tendency to spike between 3pm and 4pm ET.
- Google+: Monday through Friday. There seems to be a peak on Wednesdays at 9am. [Guess what time I’m posting this today!?] Does anyone use Google+ yet? The number one reason which is search engine optimization says you should be!
Hopefully, this will help you narrow in on what days you can do better marketing for your business, start up new conversations and experience better traction with your content. As always, if you ever have ANY questions, reach out and ask me. We want to see you be successful!
Be bigger, better and more BIONIC with your posting now!
Sheryl Brown / @BIONICsocialite